Submit A Proposal
To submit a proposal to the Senate Office send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call at 301-405-5805, or write to us at University of Maryland Senate Office, 1100 Marie Mount Hall, College Park, MD 20742-7541 . Please prepare the following information.
SUGGESTIONS TO CONSIDER WHEN WRITING A PROPOSAL
(Please click on a links at the bottom of the page for a blank proposal form or a sample proposal)
Description of issue/concern/policy in question:
- What current practice or policy* are you concerned about?
- What issue have you identified that is not currently addressed by a practice or policy*?
- Who is affected by the current practice or policy* (or lack thereof) which you are citing?
- What additional factors might be influencing/affecting the current practice or policy* (or lack thereof) that you are addressing?
Description of action/changes you would like to see implemented and why:
- What improvements could be made to an existing practice or policy*?
- What aspects of a current practice or policy* should be eliminated?
- What measurable benefits will the University see if your proposal is put into practice?
- What are the potential negative consequences of your proposal being put into practice?
Suggestions for how your proposal could be put into practice:
- Can a current written policy* be revised?
- Should a current practice be made into policy?
- Should a current practice or policy be eliminated?
- Who would be responsible for monitoring and/or enforcing your suggested changes/action?
- Is there evidence of campus support for this proposal?
- Is there a similar practice or policy at peer institutions that we can model?
- Who would be affected (both positively and negatively) if your proposal was put into action?
- Are there any financial consequences that would result from this proposal?
*A complete list of current University policies can be found at: http://www.president.umd.edu/policies/
Click on a link below to download a blank proposal form in Word or as a PDF: Please send your completed form and any supporting documents to email@example.com or University of Maryland Senate Office, 1100 Marie Mount Hall, College Park, MD 20742-7541.