Much of the Senate's work results in recommendations to the President for revisions to University policy or procedures. In some cases, an issue may arise that is not related to University policy or procedure, but is important to the Senate and its members. In these cases, the Senate can develop and approve resolutions in order to take a public stance on the issue and state its values or concerns to the University. Recent Senate resolutions can be found below.
- Resolution to Improve the Status of Shared Governance in the University System of Maryland (USM)
- Resolution Condemning the Actions of the Board of Regents - November 2, 2018
- Resolution to Honor the Late Professor Emeritus Kenneth G. Holum - October 5, 2017
- March_for_Science - April 19, 2017
- Core_ Values_and Principles - December 6, 2016